Disclaimer: As a Verizon Insider Ambassador I receive certain benefits, Jawbone UP provided courtesy of Verizon Wireless
A few weeks ago I admitted to you that my weight has become an issue and I realized I needed to do something about it. Age and lifestyle changes have slowed my metabolism and I needed to gain fresh information to put together a game plan. Technology is a huge part of my life and I turned to my friends at Verizon Wireless and they sent me a Jawbone UP to help me gather the data I need. After wearing the UP for over a month, I’ve learned some pretty shocking things about my overall health. Let’s take a closer look at the kinds of information my new tech fitness partner gave me.
My Sleep Habits – I’ve know for awhile that my sleep is poor but the Jawbone UP which employs MotionX sleep tracking technology showed that on average I sleep around 4 hours per night! No wonder I’m too exhausted to do much at the end of the working day!
- Diet Tracking – You can chose to create a food diary to assist you on your path to better health.
- Mood Tracker – add a smile or a frown face to indicate how you’re feeling at different times of day.
- Idle Alert – reminds you to get up out of your computer chair and move!
- Smart Alarm – The band vibrates to wake you at just the right point in your sleep cycle
- Get Social – I’m on a fitness team with my Facebook friends, building accountability into a fitness plan is so helpful!
- Activity Level- Jawbone up can be calibrated to accurately measure your stride. 10,000 steps is recommended as a goal towards fitness
- Water Resistant – I wouldn’t go deep sea diving with it but I’ve showered with my UP band & it’s been fine.
- Easy Sync- I like things to be easy, I sync my band in the morning while checking my email and then again at night right before I go to bed.
Things to know- Jawbone UP comes with a proprietary charging cable, once fully powered the band lasts the full 10 days promised . The UP app is available for
- iOS devices 5.1 or greater
- iPhone 3GS or later
- iPod Touch 3Gen or later
- Compatible with select Android 4.0+ devices
Summing it up
Based on the combination of how lousy I’ve been feeling and information the Jawbone UP has provided about my sleep, I’ve decided to book an appointment for a full physical with my doctor which will hopefully include a sleep study! In the meantime, I haven’t started heavy calorie restrictions but have lost about 7 pounds by trying to be a bit more active and making more sensible food choices. This is a comfortable easy to use device and I give it 2 thumbs up!
The Jawbone UP is priced at $129.99 at Verizon wireless, learn more here (Hint, if you watch the site there are frequently great discounts on accessories)
If you liked this review, head on over to the Verizon Insider Blog for more family friendly tech news, tips and links to assist you in your mobile lifestyle! It’s totally free to subscribe, no need to be a Verizon customer