Why am I reviewing office equipment? I’ll tell why, I work a lot at home, too many hours sitting on my ever widening rump staring at a computer monitor! This stand isn’t just for big companies, no, the WorkFit is essential for bloggers & anybody who spends a lot of hours working at a computer! What does the Workfit do? it enables you to easily & quickly move your equipment so that you can work standing or sitting! Spending more of your day standing instead of sitting not only burns more calories but it also can help you live longer too, check out out at www.juststand.org
I’m a great believer that a picture is indeed worth 1,000 words so let’s get straight to a quick video of the goods, I’ll give you specs, tips & final conclusions after the jump.
Specs:Taken from Ergotron’s website
Description: WorkFit-S Sit-Stand Workstation for Single LCD Monitor, LD, with Surface Mount Base (black and polished aluminum)
Includes height-adjustment column, desk clamp, LCD pivot, keyboard tray with left/right mouse tray
Can be configured to hold a laptop instead of an LCD display: also order the LX Notebook Tray (50-193-200)
* Weight Capacity: Maximum load on height-adjustment assembly = 24 lbs (11 kg). LCD pivot capacity = 6–16 lbs (2.3–7.3 kg)
† Lift Range: LCD and keyboard adjust 18" (46 cm) in tandem; LCD adjusts 5" (13 cm) independently; maximum LCD height adjustment = 23" (58 cm)
- Desk Clamp attaches to surface edge .4" to 2.4" (1 to 6 cm) thick
- Ergonomic back-tilt keyboard tray ensures wrists remain in a neutral position during data entry—avoid repetitive-stress injuries while increasing comfort and productivity
- Keyboard tray includes mouse tray that installs on left or right
- Durable, easy-to-clean exterior composed of aluminum, high-grade plastic and powder coated painted steel
- Mounting Standards: VESA FDMI MIS-D, 100/75, C (hole pattern: 100 x 100 mm & 75 x 75 mm)
- Patented Constant Force (CF) lift-and-pivot motion technology
- NOTE: Computer systems mounted on a WorkFit-S may require extra long power and video cables in order to span between standing and sitting heights
- Shipping Dimensions: 8"H x 23"W x 44"D (20 x 58 x 115 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 38.5 lbs (17.5 kg)
- Warranty: Five (5) years
- Packaging: this unit is heavy & was appropriately securely packaged in molded Styrofoam ,the unit arrived in pristine condition
- Parts: Screws came bagged & labeled, Chrome parts were clear taped to prevent scratching, the required Hex Keys were included as were a choice of screws for the monitor base. Heck they even threw in an alcohol wipe to use prior to affixing the included double sided tape as well as cable tie backs!
- Assembly Instructions: One simple, clearly illustrated sheet, very easy to follow
I’m sort of an idiot here because when I agreed to do this review I didn’t think that my primary workstation is glass & chrome & probably wouldn’t securely support this unit. No worries though, a quick look at Ergotron’s website showed that I can easily order a laptop tray for use with the WorkFit so I decided to assemble the unit on our desk in the den.
Spring tension on the joints is adjusted using the provided hex keys, the base was an easy, quick assembly, the unit mounts on the desk with an under the desk turn screw
Ergotron included screws for Vesa 100 mm & 75 x 75 mm models, I chose the thumb screws to attach the bracket plate to my monitor.
The monitor attaches to the unit via a slide in bracket secured with 1 screw
The Keyboard comes with a slide out mouse tray. I use cordless keyboards & mice so did not need to make use of the double sided sticky tapes to attach my keyboard to the tray, simply folding the keyboard tray up was more than enough to keep the keyboard tucked away.
Keyboard mounting plate
Fully Assembled unit
The Unit closed
Beautiful design, excellent construction, easy to assemble .I’m standing more now, I’m also more able to multi-task, moving about my office & the rest of the house stepping over to my workstation to quickly check email & such without getting sucked into sitting down "for”just a minute” which as we all know lasts 2 hours My house is cleaner now too!
My back & neck feel MUCH better after several weeks of using the WorkFit! I’m not hunched over anymore! I’m also a couple pounds thinner!
The foldup aspect of the keyboard as well as the ability to easy position the unit in the “up” position means my work area is neat,tidy with my monitor/keyboard not being in easy reach of small children’s hand or the cat’s paws,she can’t edit my posts anymore
The mouse tray has a bit too much slope for my cordless mouse, I opt to keep the mouse on my desk instead
You can purchase a tray to accommodate a laptop with this stand, it would also be nice to have the option to buy additional mount plates to accommodate a second monitor later if your needs change instead of having to purchase an entire new unit
The $379.00 price tag is a bit spendy however one must look at this as in investment in your health & wellness.If you have a home office, if you blog extensively you NEED this unit. This is a functional,well made, high quality unit you’ll enjoy using for years to come!
FTC: I received a Workfit station & cash compensation to assist me in attending Blogher